Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Awesome Uses for Milo!! :):):)

I love Milo. Its the most awesome drink on earth! I can drink Milo for breakfast, lunch and dinner and never grow sick of it. :)



well, since I love Milo so much, I've decided to list down with some awesome ways I consume this lovely chocolatey goodness.

1) Good old fashion Milo Drink with Cream Crackers

A piping hot cup of milo is great with cream crackers, or otherwise known familarly as "sor da bia". Whoever made cream crackers definitely made it to go with Milo! And sor da bia in my opinion, is the best cracker to go with Milo. I have tried it with digestive biscuits, white bread etc etc, and none beats sor da bia. so for all of you who have not tried it before, go try it!!!! I recommend Khong Guan crackers or Hup Seng crackers. They are the creme de la creme of cream crackers hehehe.

2) Milo powder with White Bread

OOOooOOoh. If you like Nutella with white bread, go for milo! yes, its heaty. Yes, its fattening. Yes, its downright sinful. BUT - sometimes one just gotta indulge a little! Simply take a piece of white bread and spread the milo powder into a thick even layer. as I'm writing this post I am craving for this luscious delight. AS you take your first bite, you will not regret. The powder will burst in your mouth like little drops of heaven - the ultimate delight. Forget cheesecakes and awfully chocolate cakes. This simple dish is good enough a substitute, in my opinion. :)

Other breads you can try - baguette - Toast baguette before spreading the milo powder. Cos of the heat, the powder melts and coagulates into something of a milo spread - and oh - its good. Just that baguette can get a little hard, and can be messy eating the whole thing without dirtying your table - be sure to eat it over a plate or over the sink.

3) Ice Milo

Well - hot milo is great, but sometimes Ice Milo can be more gratifying. I always crave for this ice-cold drink during work - and the Indian uncle at the prata shop downstairs makes the ice milo thick, sweet and yes, very sinful too. If you want to up the ante on the sinful factor, do a Milo dinosaur! Simply pour over the drink spoonfuls and spoonfuls of milo powder..........

Well - the top 3 are my favourites - if anyone reading this post has any other ideas, pls comment on the post!!! :) If i suddenly remember any, I definitely will add in. :)

4) Milo muffin

oh this is the first I've tried recently. you know, with muffins you can try with about EVERYTHING under the sun. I was playing around baking muffins, and yes! simply find a recipe for a good muffin batter, stir milo powder in, top it off with more milo powder ( i cannot emphasize enough how generous you have to be ) and you have yourself a great muffin that tastes great!

other flavours I've tried it with - pork floss ( yum), coco crunch with cornflakes ( not too bad )

hehe.

3 comments:

ken said...

pork floss bun with milo........

puke!

kate said...

hey ken! haha well - i'd imagine it to be pretty gross if you dip the bun in milo! .. imagine - the mayonaise + soggy bread + milo - not good at all. =P

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you cream crackers with milo are the best combination. and the best part is you won't get sick of them at all. hahahaha!

the milo power on bread sounds cool, i must try it out (i love nutella for the record) : ))