Thursday, February 14, 2008

Awesome Skincare Tip: Tomatoes for Acne!

I've had acne on and off for a while now, especially after I've started working. (must be due to the stress :( )

anyway - so with acne, comes the inevitable - spending huge amounts of money on products that dont work etc etc etc.. I have finally got down to seeing a dermatologist, and luckily my acne has come under some control, though ocassional fiery breakouts are unpreventable.

well, my mum recommended me to use tomatoes on my skin everynight to cure the pimples. I did not believe it at first - but i decided - why not try it? What is there to lose?

So, i purchased some tomatoes, and every night after removing my makeup, used a slice of tomato to rub all over my face gently for say 5 mins. I then wash it off with warm water.

I've just started this regime for 3 days, so I cant tell the results as yet. But i can tell you one thing - my face has become smoother! I do not need to succumb my skin to harsh exfoliating, and yet achieve that smoothness that only exfoliation can give. The blackheads around my nose seem to go away slightly - my nose is smoother too.

I did some research, and apparently tomatoes do help in acne - with their composition of vitamin A & C & antioxidants, they are all the ingredients to combat that much-hated acne. In the article, they mentioned to leave on the tomato pulp & juice for an hour - so I will be doing that to see how better the results can be.

whatever it is, as long as it does not give me breakouts, I will be sticking to this for a while. :) its natural, cheap and somewhat effective.

P.S. I love trying out these silly little skincare stuff to see how they combat acne, so now that I've started this blog, will definitely be updating more of my findings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.