Wednesday, February 20, 2008

which's more awesome? starry starry nights vs beautiful sunrises

i was sleeping one night and this question came to my mind - what's more beautiful? a sky full of stars or an unforgettable sunrise at the top of the world?

I was in Bali last year and it was truly an amazing trip. I climbed a volcano (dormant of course), went trekking, white water rafting, parasailing etc etc. The volcano climb was a breathtaking experience. The volcano's called Mount Batur. We started the climb at 2am in the wee hours of the morning ( great way to burn off that indulgent dinner, eh? ) and it was a 2+ km climb upwards. We reached the summit around 4am - tired but accomplished. The purpose of this night climb was so we can catch the sunrise!

Well. the pictures speak for themselves - we were at the peak of the volcano, surrounded by serenity, engulfed with beautiful landscape, watching the sun slowly appear.

on top of the world





Scenery after the Sunrise



I know I've seen the most beautiful sunrise there is yet - but I'm sure there are more to be experienced. I just havent managed to see the most beautiful night sky. I am sure it will be as breathtaking as the sunrise is. I await this day!

No comments: