Thursday, March 13, 2008

Durian Madness!! I love Durian!!

OH MY GOD. I just found out Goodwood Park has just launched their Durian Fiesta this year.

I have to tell you how much i love durian - both its fruit and its desserts.

I first fell in love with Puteri Mas's very awesome durian puffs, and quoting from Friends, they "taste like little drops of heaven". Just speaking of it makes me crave for it. Puteri Mas does not just offer great durian puffs. They added a twist to a traditional kueh and came up with Durian Ambom - soft coconuty kueh with a rich lump of pulp in the middle. I remembered coming out of a horrible job interview and ate 6 of these amboms at one go, and I felt good immediately after. hee.

Enough of Puteri Mas, I can go on and on. I just want to bring attention to these lovely lovely desserts that Goodwood Park hotel has came up with this year! The Durian & Brownie Chocolate Cup and the Durian Oreo Cake just looks so TEMPTING and DELICIOUS!!

Durian Oreo Cake & Durian and Brownie Chocolate Cup



I've tried Goodwood Park's durian puffs, and found them lacking in flavour to Puteri Mas's. BUT! Their durian crumble is to die for. You can eat them plain, or the one with Hazelnut - both are awesome. I think Goodwood is good for their durian improvisation, to produce these classy desserts and cater to the tastes of the slightly more "atas" people.

I am definitely heading down to Goodwood to try these desserts out - :) Just the thought puts a smile on my face :) :) :)

Sigh - if only durian is low-fat, non-heaty and very healthy. Then i can eat them everyday................ but then again, eating too much of a good thing isnt good eh?

No comments: