Saturday, March 15, 2008

Jap Style Marche - Awesome!

Having read about Shokudo all over the press, I of course have to try it. :) I love trying new places to dine, so this was a great option for lunch.



Raffles City is really upping the ante with their retail and culinary options - lots of new boutiques and restaurants have opened. Even J Co, the famous donuts from Indonesia have opened, stealing their business from The Donut Factory! ( haha..... ) I'm seeing how long this donut craze will last.

Anyway, when I stepped into Shokudo, its pretty overwhelming - lots of food options! I thought it was quite a good idea to have it Jap style, as lots of Singaporeans like Jap food, and Jap food has great variety.

A brief summary of the food options available: Jap style omelette, Jap style pizza, Bamboo rice, Omu rice, Noodles (Ramen + Cha Soba), Teppanyaki, Shabushabu, Oden (Jap style Yong Tau Foo), and of course Jap Rice ( Jap curry and rice bowls )

too many! I tried Mushroom & Cheese Omelette - YUMMY. they cooked the omelette with 2 layers. The first layer with the fillings, and cover it with another layer of egg. The finished product is topped with fish flakes, mayo and jap sauce. The taste - thick soft eggy goodness that's absolutely delish. I think im going to try it at home. hehe

Ramen next! The ramen is ok... soup base is normal, average ( nothing much to say about ramen cos the best Ramen ever is at Gallery Hotel. I think its very hard to compete with the ramen there )

my rice bowl - Shokudo Grilled Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl. Awesome too! The grilled chicken is sweet, tasty, and the rice is sticky and authentically Japanese. This rice bowl came with a different style of serving - its egg is barely cooked - so i just mashed it all up with my rice and chicken. good good good.

Other things I must try when I'm back - the Jap burger, Jap Pizza, curry rice & Teppanyaki.

Price wise - very reasonable, avg of 5-7 bucks per dish.

try it try it!

No comments: