Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Awesome or Not? Scarification

my colleague just informed me about this procedure that is one class higher than the art of tattooing - scarification.

Basically, scarification as according to Wikipedia involves scratching, etching or some sort of superficial cutting or incision. One usually uses it to etch designs, pictures or words into the skin.

I guess people like scarification as it allows one to translate any pent-up stress/emotions/whatever they are feeling into pain, so they will feel a high and release.

words cant illustrate this process - let pictures speak for itself:

The end result of Scarification:



The procedure of Scarification:



Is this a form of art? Or is it simply torture? You decide. It makes me shudder though - at the thought of the pain...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eek! I think it's a torture. What if one day, you decided that the scar you don't like anymore?