Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Awesome TV: Sex and the City

I love Sex & the City - I'm glad my sister took the risks of being caught by the custom police in Malaysia and smuggled it over. - thanks sister. :)


After a 1-year hiatus, I recently picked up my collection of Sex & the City DVDs and decided to rewatch it, all the way from Season 1. I forgot how great this show was.

Well - this show is like none other. It has the right fuse of elements which makes for great TV. Themes of love, friendship, hot sex, betrayal, great fashion & shoes are instant hooks and we cannot ignore the display of great foods like - tempting Magnolia cupcakes, delicious huge pizzas and a host of Martinis & cosmopolitans that just makes you wanna go party.

Apart from all that, i love how 4 friends of diverse personalities have stuck together through thick and thin, shared their woes & happiness and amidst their hectic work, make time to have lunches & dinners with each other! yes, its on-screen, but don't you hope this can apply to you in real life? For those who already have such great close friends who meet up with each other everyday - cherish them! I'm ashamed to admit that through my hectic work life, school life & relationship with my boyfriend, I have neglected some of my friends. It only makes me reflect - what is more important? Great friends to last you a lifetime, or jobs that pay hell alot but you have to give up practically everything? It's a double-edge sword, I feel. But ultimately, when we die, we are remembered by the great friends we have, not by the amount of money we earn.

I can only say I can't wait for the movie to show here in May. In the meanwhile, I'd just get my regular late-night fixes of 2-hr Sex & the City. :)

Picture Source

No comments: