Monday, January 21, 2008

Yummy Food at Teahouse The Asian Kitchen!

I've finally did my first ever food review! I ALWAYS wanted to be enjoying my meals and taking pictures and writing about them and sharing them with others, but not bringing my camera out is always the bottleneck. This weekend, I have succeeded! And I give my virgin review to Teahouse The Asian Kitchen.

We have always wanted to try this restaurant located at the newly refurnished Raffles City Shopping Centre. Its warm and homely ambience beckons to us - and the rows of roasted ducks and meats in the display window is enough to tempt anyone who is looking for a good meal into stepping in and ordering a bite.

Since the roasted ducks are what enticed us, and is apparently the signature dish, we decided to order a small serving of its duck breast meat served in herbal sauce.

Crispy Herbal Duck



It is fragrant, its skin is crispy, its meat is tender, and the herbal sauce topping off the meats is just awesome! One thing though, I'm a fan of anything herbal - thus the herbal sauce in my opinion can be more herbal-ish for me. :)

We also tried the Fiery Fish, which is a simple dish of fish slices stir fried in chilli sauce.

Fiery Fish



One thing about such a dish is that it can get too oily (due to the chilli) for anyone's liking, and thankfully the chef at Teahouse kept the oil amount to a reasonable amount. Match the fish slices with a mouthful of white rice and you have yourself a meal not to be forgotten.

Another must-try is the Crispy Garlic Ginger Ribs! I personally love this dish - it is tasty, and not too tough on the bite.

Crispy Garlic Ginger Ribs



All in all, the meal at Teahouse was a memorable one, and I definitely will be back! I was looking over at my neighbouring table and a group of tourists were enjoying their oriental cuisine with cups of beer. I wonder how yummy that will be..

No comments: